Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Agamemnon420XD t1_j6no55l wrote

Hahaha yes, Betsy is the girl, not Iris. I’m sorry I said you didn’t watch the movie, I just take it for granted cus I just rewatched it the other day.

ethanwnelson t1_j6np6k2 wrote

No need to be sorry, you were in the right! And you’ve convinced me that I need to do a rewatch lol I call myself a movie fan and I didn’t even remember the end of freaking Taxi Driver!😂

Agamemnon420XD t1_j6nq23g wrote

To be fair, Taxi Driver is an odd movie. It’s hard to like Travis Bickle, but truth be told the movie is EXTREMELY cool, like the cinematography is just epic, like the driving scenes and the scenes with the guns, and Travis’ plight is relatable but he is also clearly lost his mind, though hopefully he regained it after killing those shitty pimps and getting Iris home safely. Honestly I just love the speeches in the movie, like his speech, where he’s like fumbling over his words and trying to sound cool; ‘Listen up you cocksuckers, here is a man who would not stand for it any longer.’ Or like Palantine’s speech where he’s just like, ‘WE are the people. We’re tired of this. We demand change. No longer will the few control the many.’ Like it’s such a cookie-cut joke of a political speech, it’s hilarious, in a morbid way. Scorsese is really a genius.