Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

roundeye2020 t1_j7fz738 wrote

I think that depends on agency and the Broker you work with. Some want you to have it, some don't. Many agents fear it will scare the customer away. Plenty of the full-time professionals I have spoken with use them for Clients. With a designated agency, one of the first forms given to the client should be a Brokerage Relationship Disclosure Form that also lays out the different relationships and responsibilities between you and your agency/agent. You as the purchaser/buyer decide that relationship. I do agree OP is misguided here but understand buyer's remorse. It sucks. Zillow is not the end all be all. Prices are up right now year over year in many zip codes for NH. The market is also unpredictable. Just like any other industry, you have good agent and bad agents/ agencies. I would just enjoy the house and focus on life, not Zillow.

Regular-Nothing-8821 t1_j7l5war wrote

The relationship disclosure is given to CUSTOMERS and CLIENTS at or before the first business meeting REGARDLESS of if an agency is designated or dual agency. You are NOT A CLIENT until you sign a buyer agency agreement or a listing agreement. Unless you signed one, your 'buyer agent' doesn't represent you, owe you confidentiality or represent your best interest.

Read it again, here.