Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Jay_Derkin t1_j9u9nws wrote

Call a tow company and tell them there’s an abandoned vehicle on your property. They’ll impound it and go after the last registered owner. I just had to do this with a similar situation on my property. No cost at all to me, the go after the owner for everything.

SirGraniteHead OP t1_j9uakmr wrote

I've called a ton of them. None of them are willing to tow it. It's too large, or too old, or too much trouble. They're not interested. Salvage yards also not interested in taking it.

Jay_Derkin t1_j9ucm7j wrote

How is it that the police are refusing to do anything? Manchester PD must be dogshit. I called my local PD and they directed me to call the tow company, who they then waited for to give the situation and make sure it was towed away. Whole thing went down without an issue.

turnwrench t1_j9v99l9 wrote

The trailer must be garbage. The problem with trailers is that they become trash, not scrap. Same with boats. Meaning you have to pay to dispose of it instead of get scap value. A tow yard would pick it right up if it had value. I'd recommend moving the trailer elsewhere. It's not yours, it's not your problem.