Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RunAccomplished6085 t1_j99q96l wrote

I worked at Amore in high school (first job lol!) and the owners are the nicest people. They make almost everything from scratch and give away a lot of free food to seniors in the community.

rudyattitudedee t1_j9cn2cs wrote

I’ve known them probably 16 years working in walking distance. Amore salad with feta and Italian at least twice a week haha. They ended up knowing my whole family by name and would ask how they were or how I was when they went in. I don’t even work in salem anymore and I still try to go often. They met my kid and when he was old enough to “have sweets” she would hook it up every day with her delicious baked goods. She would sneak desserts in for him with notes like every time. So i started tipping fat bc they are too underrated and nice. I worry they loose money just because they are so nice. My family has had them come to parties and they’ve invited us to theirs, their history before coming to America is quite interesting to say the least.

RunAccomplished6085 t1_j9ctd7e wrote

I completely agree- they are TOO nice! I throw money at syrus and run 😹

I worked there back in 2006 so there’s a good chance I made your Amore one of those times.

Everyone in salem needs to visit them despite the other weird stuff in child’s plaza lol

sdemat t1_j9xb2oj wrote

I had a friend work there around 2006, when we were in high school. Are you an 06’ graduate?