Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Suddenapollo01 t1_j83z831 wrote

I lived in Merrimack for years. Went to school there. I'm 36 now. My mom still lives there and she's only an hour from me. Great place to live. Lots of new stores being built. Relatively quiet. Bedford is a great place to go for shopping (Manchester is becoming a little unsafe in certain areas). Nashua is a great town, South of merrimack. Be sure to visit North Conway and the white mountains!

Lightningcloud86 t1_j84k9tf wrote

I'm from Merrimack! Class of '04. Loved growing up there. Now that I've traveled, encountered other states, and my own kids are entering highschool elsewhere in NH, I'm realizing how fucking lucky I was and the education I got was above standard. Don't know if it's still like that but I hope it is. I drive through there occasionally and I want to cry. Urban sprawl has made it unrecognizable.

Suddenapollo01 t1_j9evkhg wrote

I was class of '04 as well! You're right about the urban sprawl. A lot more condos and apartments squeezing in. I mean even Bedford lately just seems so damn busy. More stores too which is nice but, it's certainly generated more traffic than ever before.

Lightningcloud86 t1_j9n2y6y wrote

Haha I probably know who you are! Can you believe Todd Wiley, the philosophy teacher, solicited sex from one of his female students in 2015. Crazy shit. I took 2 English classes and philosophy 1&2 with him.

Suddenapollo01 t1_j9of5tt wrote

Yep! I didn't have him but I saw him plenty. I still have the senior video which actually has the famous food fight on it lol. I think it was pasta day that day. 😂