Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MeEvilBob t1_jb4u3gv wrote

FL drivers are even worse, and what gets me about them is how the hell does someone that bad at driving survive driving all the way up the east coast? How did that person who can't figure out a NH highway manage to make it through NJ and NY?

Ryan-The-Movie-Maker t1_jb4xk5f wrote

I know this sounds completely made up and false, but I have pictures to prove it.

Last summer I saw a Florida driver driving down a rail trail in their car

Andromeda321 t1_jb4z49u wrote

I definitely know some of my parents’ friends who are snowbirds haven’t taken their Florida plated car all the way to Florida in years- they just get the stickers sent to their address there and bring them up (and no Florida annual inspection so you can do that, and is cheaper than NH). Usually when it’s time to buy a new car and they realize they’re not up for that driving every year, and can afford two cars so why not do two.

So, that answers your question!

john_le_carre t1_jb5c74v wrote

Neat, so when they hit someone, their insurance will drop them like a hot potato. Oof.

(Unless they're honest with their insurance company about where the car is actually driven. Unlikely.)

Andromeda321 t1_jb5fzzm wrote

Oh yeah not defending this AT ALL. I just know there’s a lot of non-NH plated cars in NH that don’t actually leave the state much.

Different_Ad7655 t1_jb6w4oj wrote

Insurance companies are pretty clever these days with computers and records.. The bean counters probably know. This is one of the damning things about roadside assistance

kyoto93 t1_jb560qc wrote

Yep, a lot of the Florida drivers I see up here are complete fucking morons