Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Clock-Full t1_jbhoohh wrote

The military-industrial complex is hungry. Those two are working hard to line their pockets by feeding it.

time4line t1_jbiw3ya wrote

this answer is the most logical

​

greed corruption fear anxiety

all forms of human nature

this is simply just humans being humans

the humans that are caring,giving, show empathy and overall want all to live happy only react when they need to

this creates a cycle of allowing X humans to do Y and the actual humans that will keep us alive react to do Z

its not an equal or bigger force then humans that are not for humanity but for self preservation

thus the scales remain tipped

TheCloudBoy t1_jbjuweh wrote

>"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist"
>
>- President Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

This may be a hot take for some, but I consider Eisenhower one of our most visionary presidents our country has ever elected into office.

stonewallmike t1_jbk8tn6 wrote

I think he was last president of those who have been elected that history will consider “good.”

TheCloudBoy t1_jbl5lgs wrote

I had always been hesitant of former high-ranking military officers serving as president until I read more about Eisenhower

besafenh t1_jbji089 wrote

BAE, United Technologies, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. Three “constituencies” that Kuster and Pappas protect. Even-if none are in Syria, it’s a quid pro quo for later support from other representatives.

“Hey, remember when I… … I need your support for submarine contract.”