Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JeremyMorel t1_jct0o66 wrote

I think that one was called Fun World. It had the carousel you could see from the outside, right? I never got to go and always resented my parents for not taking me. :-p

FunSpot, on the other hand I did go to once. It was a core memory and I kinda ruined it when I took my kids there this past summer and realized it was kinda rundown. They did add a bowling alley which was fun. Also, my younger son could not be pried off the bumper cars… I wish I still had kid blinders!

bassboat1 t1_jcucquc wrote

No, it was a Funspot for sure. I used to do the token hack too back then (half-price when you bought them by the roll). Right on the corner of 101 and N. Hollis/S. Merrimack in the unit on the left end

JeremyMorel t1_jcvbmau wrote

Huh. I guess I stand corrected. Never knew about that one. I heard they had a few satellites- maybe one in Concord? Never went to any but the OG. Thanks for setting me straight (and not being a dick about it, haha.)

bassboat1 t1_jcy39d8 wrote

Lol - no prob. I think there might have been one in Dover too? Up near a traffic circle back in the ... '80s? I set my personal best Galaga score there - screen 272 and it stopped sending guys down - only time I ever beat the game.