Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_ir1qx88 wrote

Call me if you see a turkey.

(That isn't in downtown Manchester - although they might ignore the gunshot...)

beardmat87 t1_ir334a8 wrote

The lakes region is Turkey headquarters. I see multiple every day. I have a flock of about 15 that roll through my neighborhood at least once a week

woolsocksandsandals t1_ir59ldx wrote

You could probably kill a turkey in any town along the Connecticut river with almost no effort. I’m pretty sure there’s more turkeys than chipmunks in the upper valley.

klem18 t1_ir2eqrq wrote

I saw a good sized group on 27 in Candia this morning.

larrybirdmustache33 t1_ir3ltes wrote

Every time I go somewhere I have to stop for turkeys crossing the road. Seems like they're everywhere this year. I'm in the monadnock region.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir1s735 wrote

Just shot one on Sunday.

I wanted to stab one in the graveyard but that's apparently illegal for some stupid reason.

−3

[deleted] t1_ir1tvwx wrote

Probably a good reason to not fire projectiles around loved ones headstones

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_ir1uik9 wrote

They do like that graveyard. I see a flock of them all the time.

Please be a responsible hunter and don't hunt in Downtown Manchester.

[deleted] t1_ir1uz25 wrote

I lived down in mass for a time and there would be the biggest turkeys you ever saw who would just hang around downtown. They'd constantly be blocking traffick and making a big fuss if you so much as looked at them wrong

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_ir1w3oh wrote

Nothing is more amusing than a literal flock of giant turkeys strutting around Dorchester.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir22al2 wrote

I was planning on spearing but... ok

[deleted] t1_ir240xb wrote

Dude it's a cemetery. To a lot of people those places mean a lot to them and their lost loved ones. They don't want people spearing animals there for sport either. I'm confused how you don't see this.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir24vud wrote

Not confused. You're missing the subtext. It is alright, the written word doesn't often imbue the emotion of a situation.

−4