Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dacey_M0rm0nt t1_iufhwux wrote

People are really friendly in Nashua. I’m a tiny bit older than you, have lived here a couple months, and have already made some friends. I love the nashua area. Manchester is NOT BAD if you aren’t a sheltered New Englander. Still, Nashua and Portsmouth are nicer.

are_we_in_a_fight t1_iufyfkj wrote

I grew up in Boston and then moved to Nashua. I loved it. It's come a long way and seems to only be improving. Great shops, restaurants, farmers' market, recreation, and local bars. It's a city with a small town feel. It's also within an hour to Boston, the seacoast and an 1-2 hours to some really great skiing. It's NH, so you're going to be really close to a plethora of great hiking, boating, surfing, and mountain biking options.

Manchester is more central and at the junction of all the highways, but I much prefer the vibe of Nashua. Portsmouth is very nice, too, but you are going to find it's a bit further from the mountains and the commute to Boston will be longer with arguably worse traffic.

NH is conceptually not that big (less traffic and people, so getting places is relatively easy). I'd recommend just planting somewhere for a year or so, explore everything and then figure out where to settle.