Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ThunderySleep t1_ivkgkiw wrote

Reply to comment by nhbruh in Who got your vote? by uzernaimed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/12/democrats-interfere-republican-primaries/

You'll have to find a way around the paywall, probably. Bolduc's one of the candidates they've done this on, dumping $3.2 million on ads to enhance his campaign during the primary.

I trust most people would agree WAPO's at least not a conservative source. I've heard the story talked about by people all over the map, I'm pretty sure including places like TYT which I think everyone will agree is left wing (criticizing the establishment for it), as well as Jimmy Dore which people might disagree on how left vs right he is (he sure likes to state that he's a progressive), and of course conservatives freely talk about it.

My take on the overall criticism of it is people on the left think it's playing with fire and a betrayal to their base. People on the right find it dirty and some are crossing their fingers it backfires on them.

Personally, I hope most people would agree that's it's dirty and not healthy for democracy, regardless of whether they support these candidates or not.

nhbruh t1_ivkxt6h wrote

Thanks for sharing, it was an interesting read.

GARGLE_TAINT_SWEAT t1_ivlb5j8 wrote

WAPO is owned by Jeff Bezos, its a rag.

ThunderySleep t1_ivluxr4 wrote

Okay?

The point is this is a known major story. I chose a left leaning source because this is reddit, and the point I'm making is this story is a thing, and not some right wing conspiracy.