Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

skullpizza t1_ivpoetm wrote

The amount of libertarians who claim other self-reported libertarians as nonlibertarian is so prevalent it is a meme, lol. I agree though libertarians should be that way(against any drug prohibition).

The gun issue is real, but I don't have a lot of worry about laws like that getting into NH politics in the short term.

In addition, I agree with vaccine mandates for public schools for healthy students. I also get prickly around the rhetoric thrown around for the mRNA vaccines. They are proven quite effective at preventing death at the very least. There has been a lot of politically charged rhetoric thrown around regarding them but it doesn't bare out. I don't think companies should necessarily be mandated to have workers be vaccinated to secure employment but again, I think the vaccines are good overall.

For the record I work in medical equipment manufacturing and have multiple close family in medicine. The doctor in my family advocated the vaccine the most and is the most conservative of us having been a Rush Limbaugh fan in their teenage years.

I don't support a general vaccine mandate. But it isn't a key issue for me.

Anyway, not here to defend democrats, I just hate the fascist election deniers. They can go to hell.

pahnzoh t1_ivpswbf wrote

Oh I'm not really making a scientific claim about the vaccines. The record shows they worked initially and as the virus mutated it got more complicated from there.

My point was that I don't want the government forcing it on me. The same proponents of abortion also happen to be pro vaccine mandate. I find that to be intellectually dishonest. Even if it's good for you, the government still ought not do it. The same way they don't mandate diet and exercise, which a lack thereof has a massive adverse effect on health costs.

I think the election denier claims are silly and unfounded. But it's low on the chain of issues that I'd potentially vote on. The mistaken belief that the election was stolen is not being pushed as future legislation against my rights, which is something the Democrats are doing to a greater extent than most Republicans.