Submitted by svenGhoulie t3_zcdalm in newhampshire

I have been unable to log into my Liberty Utilities account for about 2 months. They have apparently "updated" their system but any attempt to log in is met with a perpetual buffering wheel. Contacting them by phone is fruitless as their waiting time is excessive. I've sent an e-mail but heard nothing back from them.

The last time I paid my bill I had to go through a third party payment center and was charged a fee. Not happy. Has anyone else been having similar troubles? One would imagine that with energy prices skyrocketing, they would be a bit more attentive to their customers.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

svenGhoulie OP t1_iyvxjjm wrote

Solved. Apparently their system does not recognize FireFox, only Chrome. Logged in through Chrome and all is right with the world. Thanx to those who offered help.

Lords_of_Lands t1_iyyq2ft wrote

It does work on Firefox, but it always takes me a few tries. You also can't leave the tab while it's 'loading', at least it never works for me if I do that. Each character you type in has lag too.

I've been waiting for them to send me a survey link so I complain about all their horrible upgrades, but I guess they know its bad because they've never sent one. Normally companies don't stop spamming you with survey requests when they change something.

MojoJOJO15a t1_iyxahuu wrote

If you can go to a Walmart, they have a payment option that doesn't cost anything. Just be sure to have your account info and be able to pay in cash or debit. They do bill payments for most utilities. Most payments have a fee starting at $1.50. but again, Liberty Utilities has a no fee option at Walmart.

[deleted] t1_iyw6e47 wrote

Whenever a website won't allow login or some other seemingly simple issue it's best to try other browsers.

Brave is my standard browser. I use Opera for Liberty Utilities, Bank of America, and anything else that hangs up. I keep the browser open all the time to remember that option is available.

I've given up trying to clear cookies and cache in Brave to resolve issues. In fact, I keep five browsers on hand for options, options, options.

cookiedoh18 t1_iyxlea6 wrote

I had the same problem. I Googled Liberty and used the Google result versus using the bookmark I had been using for a decade. (I've always used Chrome.) You'd think if Liberty wanted their customers to be able to view bills and pay them their communications would be a little more conscious.

SheenPSU t1_iywh6ln wrote

I was told to wait and they’d send me a bill with the new info to use. Bill never came.

After about 2 months I started to get nervous and called them. Person was helpful and got me my info to log in.

The website is pretty slow tho

shorterversion t1_iyx1gyb wrote

i've also been having issues, but i always use chrome. i've been resetting my password and it still won't let me log in. i've also stopped receiving emails about my account bills, which is concerning me that somehow my email got changed. but the change-password emails ARE coming to my account. who knows how that works?

the money is being deducted from my account, and the lights are still on, so... i just don't have time to worry about it right now. lmfao.

i will also say i've only had positive experiences with their call center folks.

ryboto t1_iyx2k6c wrote

They're having issues...serious issues. I had the same problem. Try a different browser. On top of that issue I was unable to log in, just got an error that said "failed" at the top of the screen. Then when I went to reset the password it said "failed, contact HELP" I sent an email that was never replied to. I did however try calling and they put me in a callback queue...so that was an improvement from waiting 3 hours on the phone last time only to be connected with an answering service that took my number and said I'd get a call back(which never happened).

Try calling again..seems the only way to contact them short of driving over an hour to Concord because they closed their Lebanon office to customers.

nascarkat t1_iyx4h5o wrote

try a different browser, we couldn't log in for 6 months, almost had pur utilities shut off twice, their new system is finally working for us. We also found we cannot use our phones or Chromebooks to log in

gman2391 t1_iyxjbdr wrote

I am a new customer so I had to call them to get my account number. I called in the morning and the wait was only 15 min which wasn't terrible. I have had no troubling logging in, but I have only had an account under the new system.

sitboaf t1_iyydjdu wrote

I also had a beast of a time logging in. Turns out my username was NOT my email. Customer service was helpful and I finally got a password to stick. And I couldn’t pay via their old website. Haven’t tried in the new website, but using your bank’s Bill Pay is safer anyway. And normally free.

[deleted] t1_iyvutjw wrote

If your credentials are good then their app should do the trick for you.

svenGhoulie OP t1_iyvv8yf wrote

I've lived at the same place for over 20 years... same e-mail for 20 Years... I can log into their "old" site, no problem, but not the new site. Even attempted to change my password... No luck, just a spinning wheel of hopelessness.

−1

MysteriousEarth356 t1_iyvv6jc wrote

I’ve had no issues logging on. I pay through my bank but I grab the amount due by logging into my account through my iPhone browser.

movdqa t1_iyw19vf wrote

I tried to set things up last week and the webpage hung so I'm going to try again tomorrow. I normally use Firefox but will try another browser tomorrow given the comments below.

Logjammin90120 t1_iyzir4d wrote

I’ve been having a really hard time paying my bill with them

smdifansmfjsmsnd t1_iyyum2x wrote

They had sent out letters a while back talking about the updated system saying how you would receive an email with your is new account number and to reset your password in order to be able to log into the new system, but when I tried logging in with my old login information it worked just fine. Make sure you use the new site though. There’s also an app now available.

Mynewadventures t1_iyw372s wrote

Why would one think with prices skyrocketing that they would be more attentive? Huh?

What a strange connection. Do you think that they care about you? You personally or a community?

They care only about profit. ONLY.

They are a middleman, a clearinghouse that sucked you in with the promise of "low" rates. You grabbed the hook expecting that they would use some of that profit to make life easier for you.

You get what you pay for, and if you consider it that way, be a little happier.

−2

ryboto t1_iyx2zv0 wrote

You make it sound like we have a choice...