Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dependent_Ad_5546 t1_j1qrkbe wrote

I love the fact that they think the good ol boys from NH and ME would be on the one they assigned them too…

RisksRewardsRelics t1_j1qubg8 wrote

Most of the New England hillbillies I know have no love for authoritarianism on either side.

VT has significantly more gun ownership per capita than NH or ME and isn’t exactly a right-wing paradise.

ecryan t1_j1r01ai wrote

I am honestly just impressed that the creator understands that New England is not a State itself. There are A LOT of people in this country that think it is a State.

cafeRacr t1_j1r4q3h wrote

I don't judge, but I lived in Florida for a year, and twice I was asked what state New Hampshire was in.

EightImmortls t1_j1rnlmh wrote

People from California ask the same thing. I have family their and we would get a similar response. Most would only understand if you mentioned boston or NYC. Even New York state was a mystery to a lot of them.

ecryan t1_j1r5fw1 wrote

Florida may or may not contain many of the people I had in mind when making that comment haha.

ForklkftJones t1_j1r4jlc wrote

I support New England statehood. Maybe we as a people should focus on combining the New England states, the Virginias, the Dakota's, the Carolinas... #weneedfewerstates

−1

reficius1 t1_j1rx4du wrote

With Boston as the capitol? F that.

pxerz t1_j1s6pkh wrote

Just make the capital Springfield but don't specify which one

Doover__ t1_j1s1bxc wrote

Just make what used to be Rhode Island the capital, the whole state is basically a city anyway

seanwalter123 t1_j1sg28z wrote

They also have more gun restrictions then NH and ME.

RisksRewardsRelics t1_j1sgqut wrote

Only as of recently. VT literally had no laws restricting firearms until 2018, when they passed mag restrictions, background checks and red flag. They were the last state to hold the title of zero gun control. They're still a constitutional carry state and they don't even have a permitting system in place.

smartest_kobold t1_j1r3jo9 wrote

The good old boys in NH would make a formidable fighting force until the sun goes down and they forget what year it is.

New_Restaurant_6093 t1_j1rvxqw wrote

We wouldn’t forget, we’re the only ones that haven’t legalized weed.

smartest_kobold t1_j1s1kub wrote

Sound reasoning. Best of luck on your insurrection; break a hip.

New_Restaurant_6093 t1_j1s2b1f wrote

You are confused, NewHampshire was on the winning team last go around. Wich means we would be defending the title.