Submitted by GraniteGeekNH t3_zz1c1h in newhampshire

A couple of search/rescues were needed in the Mondanock region yesterday, including:

"Two young men had been operating trailbikes on a hiking trail where OHRVs are not permitted. One of the riders experienced a mechanical failure on the Pisgah Ridge Trail near the summit of Pisgah Mountain. While attempting to fix the mechanical problem, the young man sustained a serious hand injury. The individuals had no lights on their machines, no flashlights, and no warm clothes or technical gear to survive in the freezing temperatures."

https://nhfishgame.com/2022/12/30/multiple-searches-conducted-in-monadnock-region/

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DigTreasure t1_j28v3ly wrote

Sounds about right. Riding something you don't know how to fix, in an area closed to ohrv, and ill equipped.

Sums up cheshire county well.

akmjolnir t1_j292gyx wrote

...half of Cheshire Co.

The other 1/4 are college kids from CT, MA, RI. And the rest are libertardians who never leave their mom's basements.

−4

Goodbye11035Karma t1_j295avy wrote

Stop with the Cheshire County hate already! There are a few normal people who live here, who know how to plan for the weather, who try to ignore the college population, and who cheerfully despise the Free Keene movement.

We're not all terrible.

akmjolnir t1_j295xht wrote

I used to be one when I lived there.

Lots of cool folks in SW NH.

AMC4x4 t1_j2ciek7 wrote

I'm surprised anyone wants to be part of S&R when there are so many idiots who have to be saved from themselves. These people are saints.