Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

movdqa t1_izrrmjy wrote

Take a look at Fidelity in Merrimack. They have a campus of 3,000 to 3,500.

FortitudeWisdom t1_izqahji wrote

idk about 'best', but I'd think Manchester or Nashua would be good places to look because they're populated cities.

11_Wolfie_11 t1_izqu9vj wrote

Does it matter if a “financial analyst” is on site? I wouldn’t think so. New Hampshire is a very regionally diverse state. Please don’t change your life to move to Manchester or Nashua lol. Definitely try the Seacoast area, to start. It’s a great place to live. If you want more New Hampshirey stuff, look up Route 16 or 93.

Top_Solid7610 t1_iztnll9 wrote

I have watched openings for years, and they seen to be mostly in the Portsmouth / Exeter area

[deleted] t1_izq350v wrote

Honestly I'd do whatever I could to be in a spot where I could commute to Boston/North Shore/Metro West in the event that whatever gig does not pan out. 93 has good bus service from Salem, Londonderry, etc. and you could drive to the Commuter Rail if need be.

KBvcm t1_izq0hvj wrote

I have lived in NH but worked remote for 10 years. Is that an option for financial analysts?

NH_ATV t1_izq1dff wrote

Have a friend that is an analyst doing extremely well. He worked at Lincoln Financial in Concord and transferred to Philadelphia a couple years ago. He’s thinking about moving back.

I am not in the industry but have heard it is a decent company to work for.

DeerFlyHater t1_izq3nbr wrote

Berlin. Work from home and love the outdoors because you're right there at the gate.

Woonsocket. Work at Fidelity.

Why New Hampshire?

FTheOldWest t1_izq709j wrote

Hi! Sent you a dm!

You asked about concord - I live in concord and love it! It really depends what you're looking g for

dashrendarrr t1_j004p5s wrote

Hey man - I’m a financial analyst working in Portsmouth. Seacoast region, Nashua, or Manchester are your best bet. Shoot me a pm if you want more detail

jdmiller321 t1_izpxtd3 wrote

Hanover

usernamee484 OP t1_izpy2na wrote

How are Concord, Manchester, and Nashua in comparison to Hanover? Also, the job doesn’t necessarily have to be working for a finance company per se; for example I currently work in the finance department of a non-finance company.

bonanzapineapple t1_izqbgf9 wrote

Hanover is much much smaller than Manchester and Nashua. Relatively few employers by comparison

DocMcCracken t1_iztnngq wrote

Hanover quite and out of the way. You have Dartmouth and a few companies but you'd be cut off from most anywhere. Southern NH you can get to Boston relatively easy. Manchester does have a few flights out of. Fidelity is big in Merrimack.

jdmiller321 t1_izs3o91 wrote

Concord isn't bad, Manchester and Nashua are by new Hampshire standards rougher. These are cities that channel 9 will always be saying that someone was murdered in or there was a big drug bust

−1

ILikeCrabbyRobots t1_izwqypc wrote

Spoken by someone who doesn't live in or near either city. I get tired of refuting the hick hate for Nashua, but we moved from Seattle to Nashua a decade ago and love it. DM me for info if interested.

Private_Part t1_izsd9lr wrote

Is taxation theft? If yes, then Merrimack or Bedford. If no, Burlington, VT.

−7