Submitted by Illustrious-Study237 t3_zqxvs8 in newhampshire

Hello lovely Granite Staters,

I’m moving to NH soon to work near the Manchester area. I’m planning to stay in an Airbnb for a set amount of time to look for a place to rent. Roughly how long does an apartment search around here last? And what’s the nicest place to live in? My budget is $2000 monthly.

Edit: Does not have to be Manchester. I’m willing to live in places within a 30 min radius.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Loud_Difference9660 t1_j10s35d wrote

Are you fine with the hood? You can get a one bedroom in downtown Manchester for under 2,000. You can't afford the "nicest place" with that budget.

jiriwelsch44 t1_j111dzn wrote

We had a pretty quick turnaround when we moved to an apartment in NH. I don’t remember specifics, but it was definitely less than a month between applying + moving in.

I think $2000 should be able to get you a clean/safe/etc one bedroom apartment, especially if you’re cool with a community or apartment building.

Nashua has a bunch of options. Many are right on the MA border, and there’s generally little crime in the area (main annoyance would be mall traffic). There’s also some downtown apartments, but I’m not sure how those stack up (plus, there’s downside considering their proximity to tree streets).

ElisabetSobeckPhD t1_j11eg93 wrote

apartments are lasting longer and longer these days. it was cutthroat just a few months ago.

you should be able to find one pretty fast. the mill buildings in Manchester have multiple apartments available right now for less than $2000.

I_knowwhat_I_am t1_j11zs4c wrote

you should be fine if... you have good credit, dont have restricted dog breeds, can pay first + last and security deposit, gross 3 times the monthly rent, and are OK with kinda meh 1 bedroom accommodations. and dont have a sketchy rental history. be sure to calculate ALL of the fees on top of the basic rent to determine what your monthly cost will be - not utilities, but different apartment communities will add fees for covered / assigned parking, garbage pickup, pet fees, etc - ask to make sure.

Pizzaloverfor t1_j12kvsr wrote

I lived in the Lofts at Mill Number 1 for about 18 months after relocating from MA. We really liked it.

dojijosu t1_j13ksv7 wrote

Nashua has some good lower cost options. I had a 2br apartment there for $1750, but that was 3 years ago.