Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

lendluke t1_j2i60p4 wrote

Lol, Dairy Queen is literally the lowest tier fast food, but I can't help but feel local pride even though I didn't contribute whatsoever to that location getting top sales.

[deleted] t1_j2iempb wrote

Can’t speak for the whole menu, but DQ burgers are way better than McDs garbage… and who doesn’t love a Blizzard?

FreeNinedy9 t1_j2id7sy wrote

Their burgers are top tier imo

PinheadLarry2323 t1_j2ihqk0 wrote

Five Guys holds that title for sure, but I could also probably list another 5 places with better burgers than DQ

FreeNinedy9 t1_j2iksrj wrote

Nah that’s fair. I just mean in terms of shitty fast food, I think DQ burgers are tight. Five guys is definitely more fast casual, twice the cost, but yeah objectively better

[deleted] t1_j2ixui2 wrote

Five Guys is on another level. Like Chipotle, I wouldn’t really consider them fast food.

Edit: I guess fast casual is the term.

Majestic-Alfalfa-754 t1_j2j418e wrote

5 guys costs as much for 2 burgers fries and 2 drinks as going out to a good restaurant. Are the burgers good? Sure, but they aren't a good deal at $45 for a 2 person meal.

PinheadLarry2323 t1_j2j5cjn wrote

Price isn't taken into account when talking about taste. The best burger is the best burger, regardless of how much or little it costs

−7

Yourcatsonfire t1_j2j1egm wrote

I must be the only guy in the state who thinks five guys burgers are horrible.

lgt25 t1_j2jcewv wrote

Meh, they’re serviceable but my gripe is they only make them well done. You don’t have “the best burger” if you can’t get it cooked the way you want it.

Yourcatsonfire t1_j2jjd38 wrote

I'll take a burger from pizza Market in Goffstown over a five guys any day.

JustsoIcanGore t1_j2ior5k wrote

Which fast food places in the area can deliver a better burger? McDonald’s can’t, BK can’t, Wendy’s can’t… which places am I missing? I mean five guys obviously but that’s their whole thing.

PreparedForZombies t1_j2ixxsm wrote

DQ is my favorite drive through burger, but I've only had theirs 2x - was really surprised how good they are.

JustsoIcanGore t1_j2ip13a wrote

Compared to what? They’re easily better quality than the leading fast food joints in the area?

ItsTime5 t1_j2l9caw wrote

I live here. I have a choice for where I get my fast food burger and fries. It’s DQ every time.

FelangyRegina t1_j2i29li wrote

Saw that woman’s post from Ohio (?) or Iowa (?) on tiktok and knew what to do. My dogs got an ice cream, I got an ice cream everybody got an ice cream!!! Thank gods our Dairy Queen reins supreme.

ETA: Georgia can suck it!

platyhooks t1_j2iuzj0 wrote

Their parking lot is always filled and they manage their drive-thru very well. Can't say the same about everything else on second street.

FenwaysMom t1_j2jv1mg wrote

I hope everyone who works there gets a nice bonus!

TheRedEyedAlien t1_j2lcelc wrote

Compared to McDonald’s and Burger King, DQ is actual food

KingBubbaBouy1 t1_j2m6j11 wrote

And a shit ton of free publicity. Congrats!

RetroIsBack t1_j35s2vu wrote

We need a White Castle badly.

ForklkftJones t1_j2i4j20 wrote

Whoooooo!! I would prefer a Baskin Robbins though. 🤣

−1

beyond_hatred t1_j2ibye1 wrote

Bruster's in Nashua has some pretty awesome ice cream. Dr. Davis in Pepperell also has a few good flavors.

razor_sharp_pivots t1_j2ih7qi wrote

I'm sure DQ is loving all the free advertising and support from the community, but how are they giving back to the community?

−4

owwwwwo t1_j2ioioe wrote

They're giving all their employees $50k per year, three weeks paid, and full benefits!

ITGardner t1_j2k1y7a wrote

This for real? That’s awesome if so, had no idea. Might need to go grab my self a blizzard.

Ninja0978 t1_j2io2d8 wrote

Congrats to the billionaire owners? 😒

−18

Fenwick19 t1_j2ituaf wrote

Read the article, it’s a family-owned franchise

nnmk t1_j2jhztq wrote

Are these billionaire owners in the room with us right now?

−5

owwwwwo t1_j2io9uv wrote

Came here to say this. Everybody cheering on corporations making money.

What?

−10

[deleted] t1_j2iy547 wrote

Obviously DQ corporate gets a cut, but a lot of fast food franchises around here are owned by small businesses.

Crazy_Hick_in_NH t1_j2kncsu wrote

Business 101: “businesses exist to make money”.

In other words, if a business doesn’t make money, a business fails. And without businesses, we all be unemployed.

So yeah, congratulating businesses for making money is a good thing.

owwwwwo t1_j2koaqa wrote

> In other words, if a business doesn’t make money, a business fails. And without businesses, we all be unemployed.

This is not necessarily true. There are many business structures which aim to provide maximum benefit to their employees, rather than a single owner/corporate structure.

They're called cooperatives. Not only are they more stable structures, they also report higher employee satisfaction, and are even more stable in times of economic instability. (Turns out when you don't have stock holders leaching off your business, you can have broader priorities than "make money")

But thanks for the info!

−1

Crazy_Hick_in_NH t1_j2kp5zu wrote

Spoken like someone who hasn’t a clue about business, money, revenue and profit.

Hey, we didn’t make a profit last year and we have no money in the bank, but who cares, you’re getting a bonus anyway because we value you - said no business ever.

owwwwwo t1_j2krqg3 wrote

Lol. Labor is an expense, and is paid out before any profit is realized.

Great takedown though, dude.

Clearly I have "no idea" what I'm talking about.

Crazy_Hick_in_NH t1_j2kvv0t wrote

Well, duh! If you aren’t profitable, you aren’t in business…takes me back to my first response to your comment…best that we all celebrate businesses making money else we’re unemployed.

But hey, as long as you don’t own/run your own business, your employees have nothing to worry about.

owwwwwo t1_j2kyt2p wrote

Most small businesses fail in their first 5 years. If they do succeed, they're often not profitable for years. Are you just used to making things up?

Employees can organize themselves. Often more efficiently. But keep on licking that boot.

Oh wait, you own a boot?