Submitted by CalHale t3_10jneff in newhampshire

Hi all, I’m a student at the University of Vermont, originally from Hartland, VT, and I’m working on a senior research thesis project about how people living in New Hampshire and Vermont think about New Hampshire and Vermont identities. I’m distributing a brief (5-10 minutes), anonymous survey as part of my research and am hoping to get as many responses as possible from adults over the age of 25 living in New Hampshire and Vermont. I hope you’ll consider taking a minute to fill it out. Thank you!

Link: https://forms.office.com/r/duHKPmGdd8

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Cool_beans56 t1_j5lgqth wrote

How are you going to score this? A question with a choice can't have a yes/no response. 😎

​

• 4.Do you identify as a New Hampshirite or a person from New Hampshire?

Yes

No

Sometimes

TheMoosebox t1_j5li10g wrote

My guess is that if you consider yourself either one it's a yes instead of choosing one or the other. Having to choose though would have made more sense.

z-eldapin t1_j5llvts wrote

Agreed. For me, born and raised in NH, I have never called myself a new hampshirite.

So I read this as two DIFFERENT questions.

Do you consider yourself a new hampshirite OR as a person from NH.

My answer would be I ID as a person from NH

CalHale OP t1_j5ljbtn wrote

Thanks for giving my survey a look and for your question! Yes, as u/TheMoosebox guessed, if you consider yourself either of those things, the answer is yes.

It's a little more straightforward on the Vermont side of things, where "Vermonter" is a pretty commonly used term, but I wanted to put both terms on for New Hampshire since I know that "New Hampshirite" (the official demonym according to the US General Publishing Office) isn't used by a lot of people who would still say they're from New Hampshire.

fins4ever t1_j5mjqto wrote

I'm 24, is that alright?

CalHale OP t1_j5mqpgv wrote

Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, I had to make a standard age cutoff point and settled (perhaps somewhat arbitrarily) on 25, so I need to stick to that to stay within my procedure. I appreciate your willingness to participate though and do let me know if you're curious to see what the survey looks like without actually filling it out

ShortUSA t1_j5nfhb9 wrote

You write this is research and for your thesis, but then ask for volunteers for a survey.

I'm not sure of you're goal or the rigor of the program you're in, but I fear for the success of your effort.

If you're going to use a survey for "research" there's some learning you have to do on construction of, administration of, and results analysis. On the other hand, if you want some non-scientific, feel good fodder you're on the right path.

Good luck.

[deleted] t1_j5m3fsc wrote

[deleted]

−2

86ed5150 t1_j5mf793 wrote

Your only reddit post is a picture of your dick homie let’s take like 20% off the top there