Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Novasadog t1_j4m7l7w wrote

Really? Because I put a gun to my head, and ended up in jail for 3 weeks. This dude actually shot the fucking gun, and there's an investigation?

−5

Glucose12 t1_j4mss8s wrote

Like I said, there's no question that he'll be charged with something, the question is, what can they charge him with. Why did you have a problem with what I said? They're trying to make sure they don't miss/undercharge him.

are_we_in_a_fight t1_j4ni8cb wrote

Geeze, my man. It's standard procedure. It would serve you well, especially considering that you have experience in the judicial system, to do some research on how it all works.

rudyattitudedee t1_j4nzcxi wrote

I’m not exactly a lawyer but I know a lil bit. Usually, especially when it involves units being shot at, the DA will put together a case for the judge to consider how dangerous an individual is and whether or not they should be held without bail pending trial (done) and how much of a danger to society a person might be. They need time to consider the priors (of which I’m sure there are some, being judgmental about it) and put together a case for the judge and recommend the sentence to the judge who weighs that among other factors. This guy will probably get a public defender and tell the guy to plead no contest and, depending on the other factors (is this a first offense?) he is probably looking at 5 years. I mean they could really say “attempted murder on a public servant” etc if they think the charge will stick. That’s what they mean by pending investigation. Think about how much of this shit happens in a DA’s district every day. They need time to process this, among other cases.