Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fezzick51 t1_j72coiz wrote

Sorry to see downvotes - folks don't often appreciate how valuable a rental-focused realtor can be, and that your fees are covered by the property owner/management co. It's a win-win for everyone, and because New Haven has such a strangely tight mix of places, you can still take a left or right and find you went from perfectly fine to roughandtumble.

The diversity is truly a strength, and Yale continues to push its programs into the Hill (upper Columbus) and Newhallville, and I can only hope it takes a beat to be sure affordable rentals remain, but fear everything will ultimately go the way of the usual gentrification effect.

(Long time NH area resident - traveled all the neighborhoods in the early 90's working part-time delivering pizza @ one of the only spots who delivered into every corner of the city...gave many a local a lift as I made my way around, too.)

Observant_Neighbor t1_j8b7wvh wrote

Rental realtors are awesome. I don't think the downvotes are from that part of the post. I think the part that says parts of Winchester offer exceptional living. Yes, the lofts. Elsewhere, not so much.