Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Ecofre-33919 t1_j9zijkz wrote

If natural history museums are what you are in to:

The indian museum covers natural history of CT since the ice age and of the history of the pequots. Many town libraries have discount coupons - you check them out with your library card.

Other than that - take the train into nyc and visit the natural history museum there. The boston museum of science is not bad either.

Future_Somewhere_893 OP t1_ja09z6y wrote

nyc scares me, i’ve only been there once 😂

Ecofre-33919 t1_ja0asos wrote

You’d be safe during the day. You can always take a cab from grand central to the natural history museum if you want to avoid the subway - but again - during the day - in crowds of people - you’d be fine. Or go with a friend. Sorry i don’t know of any - but if you hear about a bus tour there and back - you could do that too.

Future_Somewhere_893 OP t1_ja0doj8 wrote

it’s just so busy and there’s so much going on 😭 i’m from LA so i’m kinda used to it but still.. it was very overwhelming lol. definitely wanna try again though, thanks for the tips!

Ecofre-33919 t1_ja0ep0u wrote

Nyc people are blunt and direct because so many people live close together. But NYC people are often pretty good natured and have good senses of humor under those exteriors. Try asking for directions sometime or even making small talk with people in a bar or restaurant.

And honestly - before i lived in LA for a while - i was as scared of LA as you are of nyc. If you can handle LA - you have nothing to worry about in nyc.

You’re welcome!