Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

green_lemonade t1_jbn204a wrote

Reply to comment by MazenGreen in My Day in New Haven by marbleheader88

You keep on saying "its not so easy if youre a tourist", like a mantra as if tourists are all brainless shambling zombies. Then again OP was unable to find Yale despite being within clear line of sight to a couple tall Yale buildings and presumably around plenty of townies who could point them in the right direction, yet failed to find it, so who knows maybe youre right.

MazenGreen t1_jbo2xw1 wrote

Maybe some people are shy and don’t feel comfortable asking strangers for help? What I am saying is New Haven isn’t just a city where you can just walk around Lake, New York city or Boston and find some cool stuff, you walk in the wrong area New Haven then you’re done for. Obviously, this is what they did. They walked around and found the worst part, they could’ve kept walking towards Yellen found something better, but I think the point is New Haven is ignite city for people who live here, but not that great for tourists.

Slave_IV t1_jbpoohb wrote

They took way more initiative in creating their post than they did during their time here. They had a 90 minute drive to look up one of the many recently articles from the NYT about what there is to do here, let alone from a local publication. Instead they wanted to complain. Sorry that locals aren’t satisfied with that.