Submitted by arsenal17_17 t3_123w7li in newhaven

I will be moving to New Haven to start graduate school at Yale this fall. I’m hoping to move to the East Rock area. Are there any reputable/trustworthy rental agencies I can contact? Any good real estate agents? I’ve heard of a few companies I should avoid. Looking for recommendations. Thanks!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kezzwithak t1_jdwptst wrote

Seabury hill are amazing. Highly recommend Melanie Gunn. She got me a great rental two years ago and I just closed on my first house with her a week ago.

6th__extinction t1_jdxuy36 wrote

Entirely white staff FYI, not everyone has the best experience (about 15 white agents)

beaveristired t1_jdwmcv3 wrote

I’ve heard good things about Seabury Hill realtors.

killitwithkindnesss t1_jdy06og wrote

Just signed a lease on a condo rental from Seabury Hill realtors! Maria Goglia was great highly recommend her!

UndercoverPages t1_jdy4ux0 wrote

I have heard that Yale has some listings just for people who are affiliated. You may want to check in with your advisor or department secretary to see if they know more.

HouseKaylord t1_jdxhl5a wrote

Pearce Real Estate is great (I am biased because I’m married to one though). My husband works with a lot of new Yale students and staff. If you reach out to Pearce they’ll connect you someone who can arrange tours and make sure you find the best spot

bo__cat t1_jdyfhos wrote

Chelsea Company - mostly downtown but well managed.

FxTree-CR2 t1_jdytnvk wrote

There’s like two companies that brand rentals under like 5 names each. It’s all the same for the most part and they’re all terrible. You’re better off finding a small portfolio landlord.