Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DeskFan203 t1_jeayyhx wrote

I've been to Amity for 2 different body parts, years apart. My husband's been to PTSMC on and off over the years. The 2 PTs I saw at Amity for issue 1 left for other jobs at almost the same time right before I was through with treatment, which was a little bizarre. Issue 2 I saw one of the owners, who knows his stuff. I've heard from other past patients that Amity seems to churn through new grads. OTOH my husband's 1st PT at PTSMC only stayed a few years too.

Both Amity and PTSMC are run the same way--where you see the PT for a chunk of your session, and then the PTAs do everything else. If your A is in PT school and are working as an A for experience, then you might be OK. Most of those are good and take what they do seriously. If they are a career A, YMMV. Some are barely a step up from the people working the desk at the gym.

In my 2 different body part experiences at Amity, I saw the PTs longer than 10 mins but that's because I needed more involved treatment that the As couldn't touch.

Just my 5 cents lol. Good luck!