Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

curbthemeplays t1_iwizus8 wrote

Do you eat fish? Rockfish is some of the best sushi I’ve had anywhere in the country. You can get takeout but it’s worth sitting at the bar and having Jason take you on a magical sushi journey. Next door, East Rock Brewing for a beer.

Menya Gumi, Mecha have great veggie ramen options. Midpoint has excellent Turkish food. Munchies has amazing vegan subs. Tacos Los Gordos for Nopal tacos.

The Cannon is a vegan soccer bar with good food. Three Sheets is also a good dive bar with good vegetarian/vegan food. House of Naan, Lazeez, and Sherkaan have great Indian.

Atticus Market excellent takeout food.

Honestly the city has SO many options. One of the best small cities for food. I’m missing a ton. Help us narrow down more!

CTRealtorCarl t1_iwljxs4 wrote

>Do you eat fish? Rockfish is some of the best sushi I’ve had anywhere in the country.

This right here. I've had Omakase in Tokyo and Rockfish would stand a fighting chance there. I've also had it a few times in NYC and Rockfish is better AND more affordable. Not only is the sushi extremely good but as you mentioned Jason makes it an experience which is what makes it the real deal.