Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

italianstallixn t1_iwsb982 wrote

I lived in East Haven my whole life growing up, my parents still live there, as do most of my best friends, and I went through East Haven Public Schools. East Haven is HEAVILY Italian-American but it's changed a lot in my lifetime. Many of my friends at East Haven High came from many different backgrounds, Ecuadorian, Puerto Rican, Cambodian, you name it. It's a great place to raise a family, people are very friendly and the school system isn't fantastic, but it's pretty good for the kids that really want to do well. East Haven has really good food (John & Maria's, Twin Pines, and Gutiz Bakery) and it's not snobby like other towns on the shoreline can be. Obviously there is some crime, it's a pretty blue-collar town, but otherwise it's very good for raising a family. Most of the people in the area look down on East Haven because of it's working class vibe, but honestly it's a pretty friendly and diverse place, and honestly it's a much better bang for your buck compared to other New Haven area towns.