Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HockeyandTrauma t1_ixj2lwz wrote

What kind of vehicle? A three year old vehicle would almost definitely still have a power train warranty still unless it has massive miles.

suburban_mom_jeans OP t1_ixj3equ wrote

Nissan rogue

HockeyandTrauma t1_ixj3nct wrote

Nissan has a 5 year 60k warranty on power train. Know what you own and it wouldn’t have cost you a dime.

suburban_mom_jeans OP t1_ixj4b8f wrote

I'm well over 60k miles. Damn near double.

HockeyandTrauma t1_ixj4jgx wrote

How many times have you have the differential serviced in those 120k?

suburban_mom_jeans OP t1_ixj59am wrote

Didn't know that was a thing. I'm not a car person. I get in and drive. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Anyway my issue is not with paying for the repairs. My issue is that I was given an estimate. The price changed and I was not informed prior to them doing the work. This has little to do with my knowledge of my car or anything else. You can't add $500 w/o informing and getting approval from the customer.

HockeyandTrauma t1_ixj5rbt wrote

The point is, you don't get into these situations where you feel like you're being had when you take ownership of the vehicle you're driving. Being informed on what regular maintenance is on the vehicle, getting it done, and using a trustworthy shop or dealer doesn't put you into these situations. Hack shops rely on low knowledge drivers to make thier money. It doesn't really matter if they quoted you 5 dollars or 5 million. Not knowing anything about it is going to put you in situations where you feel had. Whether you were or weren't.

It's all preventable.

suburban_mom_jeans OP t1_ixj61u2 wrote

You have a point but this has little to do with them adding $500 w/o informing the consumer.