Submitted by AssignmentConscious9 t3_zq1dzv in newhaven

Still newish to the area and looking for something to do on New Years. Any recommendations? I’ve looked on eventbrite but nothing looks fun. Note: we are late 20s and prefer to drink/dance. TIA

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

IndigoGrunt t1_j0vtntt wrote

Club life has been dead in New Haven for over 10 years ever since the big crackdown. Take a train to NYC there's tons of events going on.

ozzy6900 t1_j0vuk25 wrote

Stay home! This way you won't get shot, beat or involved in a DUI in New Haven!

−39

m11cb t1_j0vw8h2 wrote

There are definitely events, I'd start by looking at the top NH bars on IG and seeing what events they're hosting.

jjrozay t1_j0w5d3b wrote

Not on new years exactly but on 12/30, Spring Heeled Jack (90's ska icons) play their first show in New Haven since like 2019 at The State House. Good lineup, ska shows are always a good time.

priceless_advicee t1_j0wy32c wrote

Same age group and I’ve been looking up events as well. The only place for dancing I can seem to find is at Rumaj nightclub, but I have never been there and think it may be a younger crowd. I’ll update you if anything better comes up!

crymeariver_a t1_j0xn4y0 wrote

Wow, same 😭 so far I’ve got nothing 😩

Beneficial-Award6366 t1_j0yxyb3 wrote

I went to Bar last year with a bunch of my friends. Got there early so the cover was cheap and got to have drinks before the club opened without spending a ton of money. Super easy!