Submitted by thesheepynurturer t3_zwwgo6 in newhaven

Day care is closed this week. Please, I need to get this child out of the house as much as the weather will permit for both our sakes lol. Anybody have any go-to winter friendly toddler activities or else know of any special events going on this week between the holidays that would be appropriate for a lil one? We’re planning to go to the Fantasy of Lights one night, hit up KidCity in Middletown and probably wander around Petco looking at lizards and birds at some point. That’s my parent tip for all of you in advance thanks 🙏

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

cachopo182 t1_j1x6t2i wrote

Check out the trains at the Eli Whitney museum.

flytweed t1_j1xo3yf wrote

Shoreline Trolley Museum & Trolley Rides in EH actually has a Story time Hour tomorrow, Wednesday, and trolley rides at least the next two days

lazy-but-talented t1_j1xrvmi wrote

All pets club in Wallingford has many many tanks for aquarium fish if animal window shopping is your thing

mgr86 t1_j1z5s9q wrote

Assuming you celebrate Christmas you might try out a polar express type train activity next December. I think Essex has one that is supposed to be the best in the state. We went to one in Thomaston this year. The three year old loved being on a real train and meeting Santa (first year he has) and the 11 month old literally was in disbelief when she saw Rudolph. They both carried around the bell they were given for days.

We did the lights at lighthouse point earlier in the month. It was the first week and right at sundown. It was deserted and we were able to drive through a few times. The fantasy of lights or whatever it’s called up at UCONN is a nightmare. The kids loved it, but nothing like paying thirty dollars to sit in bumper to bumper traffic for 90mins. An hour in line for a half hour of lights. The lights at Hubbard park in meridian were decent, and free. I think arriving before dinner at like 5pm is the best idea. The least amount of other cars.

Otherwise you seem to have a good plan for the week. Kids also seem to love being outside even in cold weather. Parks are always a good way to tire them out and hope for a proper nap.

On Friday and Sundays Extreme Air in Cheshire has the morning reserved for toddlers (really like 1-5 year olds.) also a lot of fun. It is a trampoline park. Last time I took my son he had the time of his life, but crashed with like 15 mins left. Could barely walk. Napped well that day.

Priestah203 t1_j20mik7 wrote

Bounce U in Milford, there’s a beautiful park called Pease Place Playground in Woodbridge at 160 Pease road, the Milford mall has an awesome inside play scape on the 2nd floor. Someone mentioned the Trolly museum that’s an excellent place for kids, I’ve taken my son at least 10 times. Good luck! We’re also looking for ways to keep our toddler occupied during Christmas break! Happy holidays