Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

No-Dot-2283 OP t1_j4yctbh wrote

Reply to comment by brew-ski in How to make friends? by No-Dot-2283

To be completely honest, I'm kind of a homebody and bookworm. But I'm willing to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. I'm just unsure of how to put myself out there.

aec131 t1_j4ydy1j wrote

Check out Elm City Games. There are lots of likeminded 20-somethings hanging out with lowkey indoor hobbies

brew-ski t1_j4yeqdp wrote

Fellow general homebody here! Based off your interest in books, I'd suggest checking out the Institute Library downtown. They have a lot of events.

Neverending Books is funky and also has events.

There's a local sci-fi and fantasy book club listed on Meetup that appears to be active.

I also suggest browsing local meetups (previous link) in general. That's how I met a lot of my friends here. It was for an activity I'd never done before. I was nervous but ended up meeting a lot of great people, many of whom I've now been friends with for years.

Dispatches547 t1_j4zsfo3 wrote

Gather has a sober hang out this week for both platonic and relationship people. It was on another post in here.

PoachMeAnEgg t1_j5f0vmh wrote

I was also struggling with loneliness last year. I've made some good friends in new haven now, but it can feel like a long road. I like meeting new people, but a lot of the options to meet people are group oriented, and I find it difficult to make connections in a group setting. If you'd like to voice chat or go for a walk, feel free to DM me :)