Submitted by SnooPeppers6545 t3_10q70ex in newhaven

I am a researcher at yale and want to get my wedding officiated. Does anyone know of a good Justice of Peace that could help us in the same? I do not want anything elaborate just a simple thing.

Edit: Thank you everyone for your help. I was able to find one.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

catiepleasee t1_j6oadej wrote

Haha I’m ordained! And I live in NH :) I have no experience, but I am officiating my best friend’s wedding next year

EDIT: my charge would be one Dunkin iced coffee lol

bradglasses t1_j6o7yla wrote

you can get married at the town hall and celebrate a ceremony at a different time.

IndigoGrunt t1_j6opw2p wrote

Your town hall should have a list of officials and they can meet you at town hall to sign the papers. Mine only asked for a donation to an art center of any $ amount.

jove_61 t1_j6ogkyi wrote

I am a Justice of the Peace living in West Haven. Your City Clerk can refer you to one. Some JP advertise, if you Google you can compare prices.

TheyCallMeTylee t1_j6owwqe wrote

Local to East Rock. John Scarfariello. Charged $100. Lovely fellow.

SnooPeppers6545 OP t1_j6pefs4 wrote

Did talk to his wife. He is out of town and won't be back till end of this month I guess.

summersofftoride t1_j6p8124 wrote

I am a JP, let me know if you can’t find anyone. I have never charged, but only done weddings for friends and family. If you have a price in mind and are in a bind I’ll do it for you.

Shiep t1_j6pdgu7 wrote

My town just had a list of officials and their contact info. The one we picked was more than happy. It was her first time officiating. It was lovely.