Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hipsteradonis t1_j9cj9k9 wrote

On 78 it’s PA plates in the left lane.

Sufficient_Cow_6152 t1_j9f5j92 wrote

I see PA plates slowing down the left lane on 78 so much that it makes me wonder if PA even has a “keep right, pass left” provision.

eonetiller t1_j9f9wz2 wrote

Pennsylvania Title 75. Section 3313. Subsection D.

Driving in right lane. (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) and unless otherwise posted, upon all limited access highways having two or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction, all vehicles shall be driven in the right-hand lanes when available for traffic except when any of the following conditions exist:

(i) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction.

(ii) When traveling at a speed greater than the traffic flow.

(iii) When moving left to allow traffic to merge.

(iv) When preparing for a left turn at an intersection, exit or into a private road or driveway when such left turn is legally permitted.

(2) Unless otherwise posted, no vehicle or combination over 10,000 pounds may be driven in the left-hand lane of a limited access highway having three or more lanes for traffic moving in the same direction except when preparing for a left turn at an intersection, an exit or into a private road or driveway when such left turn is legally permitted.

(Apr. 29, 1994, P.L.148, No.25, eff. 60 days; June 25, 1999, P.L.164, No.23, eff. 180 days; June 26, 2001, P.L.734, No.75, eff. 60 days)

Sufficient_Cow_6152 t1_j9fcu46 wrote

TLDR just like most PA drivers on 78 in NJ.

This comment and the previous were both meant to be sarcastic.

My apologies if you actually posted that for the PA drivers to read.

coreynj2461 t1_j9f63zm wrote

From Hunterdon county to the Lehigh Valley tons of left lane hoggers on 78

Sufficient_Cow_6152 t1_j9ga183 wrote

I see them way back starting in the Newark area. They just multiply the closer you to PA.

T_D_A_G_A_R_I_M t1_j9cu0pp wrote

A NY transplant would likely have NJ plates.

Appropriate-Tutor-82 t1_j9dzn2e wrote

You’d be surprised. My neighbors moved over a year ago and still have Ny plates since the car is still registered to their other house in NY they don’t live at anymore

AdministrativeBall58 t1_j9f1p3s wrote

Because they can get their insurance cheaper with the ny plates on. It’s so stupid and has been happening for years!

shea_harrumph t1_j9gek5l wrote

My insurance rates did not change at all when I moved and switched registration.

LittleJoLion t1_j9exj3r wrote

My cousins transplanted about 6 months ago and they’re both still rocking NY plates.

yomama1211 t1_j9dp599 wrote

This is a common thing in every state. And in human nature in general! We like to blame the other. In Florida we call all of you guys snowbirds and say you suck at driving :)

electric_kite t1_j9etbki wrote

Yeah, that’s because the snowbirds we’re sending you are just 90% old people. Of course they’re gonna suck at driving, they’re someone’s 86 year old Italian grandfather driving an ancient Cadillac.

eonetiller t1_j9fu6f5 wrote

> This is a common thing in every state.

Everyone needs to realize this is a thing no matter where you go in the world.

peter-doubt t1_j9enf7k wrote

Says the guy who also watches for drivers who can't see over the wheel

Queasy_Turnover t1_j9frt8b wrote

Yup. Check out r/newhampshire for daily complaints about people from MA. Apparently they're all trash and NH natives have never caused any problems ever.

Obvious_Ad9670 t1_j9d4ud9 wrote

Who gives a flying fuck. Hating people based on moving to better their life is wrong. Plenty fuck ton of bad NJ drivers.

Full_of_hope t1_j9dncbj wrote

That’s true, we got our own non-transplant morons.

lost_in_life_34 t1_j9cuw3t wrote

many of these people only learned to drive in their 20's or 30's

needtoredit t1_j9dpzoo wrote

Correction, many of these people got their license in their 20's and 30's......They still don't know how to drive.

peter-doubt t1_j9en9fm wrote

If you learn in NYC, it's unlikely you get above 30 mph... Face it, they're scared!

1_ofa_kind t1_j9eddf1 wrote

That’s funny because in New York whenever someone is driving like a moron they have New Jersey plates.

TrueAd3615 t1_j9djteo wrote

You do realize that people in the NY sub say the same thing about NJ license plates?

firstbreathOOC t1_j9ewaof wrote

Every time I see a car driving like an idiot, they’re on their phone. 99% of the time.

CopperPeak1978 t1_j9f3g1n wrote

Anyone, baring physical limitations, can get a license, It’s like having a child. There will always be shitty drivers and shitty parents.

ceeyell t1_j9fet9r wrote

Yes everyone except you is a terrible driver, I’m sure.

TenCentCherryCoke t1_j9din9t wrote

IMO in northern NJ it’s the ones with Diplomat license plates

[deleted] t1_j9e5ijm wrote

Yes. 💯. Overly-aggressive and lack situational awareness.

Snorlaxstolemysocks t1_j9euxql wrote

Every NY plate on the parkway that’s actually going fast in the passing lane is driving like a dickwad. Yes we have our own unspoken laws about the parkway and some of us want to pass but do it in a safe manner.

AdministrativeBall58 t1_j9f1u50 wrote

I know they practically weave in and out of the lanes using no blinker and just going super fast.

Mrguy4771 t1_j9fcbd7 wrote

This is called "confirmation bias". When you see someone driving like an asshole with an NJ plate, you assign some broad description for them "look at this idiot". This happens hundreds or thousands of times.

Then a NY plate is driving like an asshole, and you say "look at this fucking idiot from NY, it's always the NY plates that are driving like assholes, fucking NY idiots".

So even though the NY plates are likely only a small percentage of the idiots you encounter on the road. Your brain has tricked you into thinking ALL NY PLATES = IDIOT DRIVER

biscovery t1_j9hbpym wrote

NYers drive slow in the left lane as often as people with NJ plates and theres a lot less of them here.

Anxious_Web8787 t1_j9gphvz wrote

ALWAYS IN THE LEFT LANE WITH THE NY PLATE AAAAAAALLLLLLLLLWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSS (at least on the turnpike)

thecoffeecake1 t1_j9gw0vf wrote

People from out of the area will always be bad drivers, anywhere you go. Driving conditions are unique everywhere, and adapting to them can be difficult.

Drivers from the city in general are terrible at driving on highways. They don't understand what the left lane is for, seemingly have no problem driving in the middle lane 15 mph slower than everyone else, watching cars blow by on either side while everyone else behind them is trying to get around. Cars will drive the same speed next to each other for some inexplicable reason, slowing down traffic for the entire road. I live in Philly, and driving 76 and 95 is a nightmare aside from the congestion.

At the same time, suburban drivers have no idea how to handle the city. Jersey plates are often the ones holding up 4 way stops, crawling along busy streets looking for parking, making 4 or 5 attempts to parallel while traffic builds up behind them.

California and Connecticut are probably the two worst places I've ever driven.

Impressive-Box7983 t1_j9gycl2 wrote

It’s always a New York plate in left lane. When you pass them on the right and make eye contact they are so clueless why you are so pissed lol

AdministrativeBall58 t1_j9f1luw wrote

PA plates are actually driving super fast. They always used to drive so slow. I take 9 both north and south by like manalapan and old bridge area and New Yorkers do below the speed limit in the left lane and have practically taken over all the roadways!

Hefty-Couple-6497 t1_j9g1mxh wrote

When I drive in NYC I drive very moronic so I blend in with the other drivers

gordonv t1_j9pct49 wrote

Nah. Moronic drivers come from everywhere.

It seems local drivers tend to blame anyone who hasn't memorized every bend and pothole in a local road. As if it were common knowledge.

Put those same people one town over and they'd be making the same mistakes.

And.... every supermarket parking lot is a disaster.

dontkillchicken t1_j9dm24e wrote

I drive to the city late on the weekends and I keep getting stuck in left lane behind people going sub 50

burrito__supreme t1_j9dq6jl wrote

this is why we changed our ny registration to nj as soon as we moved. easier to blend in 😈

MamaK35 t1_j9dxy6w wrote

Add FL to the list. Get TF outta my way! And don't jump on your brakes, fully stop on a green light and decide last second that you need to make a turn!

r61738 t1_j9fcm4v wrote

Everyone always thinks they’re a good driver and other people are bad drivers. If you don’t like other drivers then move somewhere where you don’t have to drive.

Traditional_Job_4063 t1_j9gi4tr wrote

I don’t find that to be true at all. Certainly much more true of individual drivers from any state.

Teskoh27 t1_j9eve5g wrote

don't hate the player hate the game. Car dependency is the problem. You can't build your way out of traffic and car infrastructure is not financially sustainable. Meaning those guys in NY who can't drive are subsidizing your suburbia through their taxes.

−1

Bergamoted t1_j9d6t5h wrote

Being from NY and living in SJ. I can say y’all can’t drive including PA folks

−8

NotsosmartamInow t1_j9ddel8 wrote

That's funny cause I think the same about NY drivers and PA drivers. Keep right unless passing.