Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GarmonboziaBlues t1_jeeddjx wrote

Apparently I'm the only person who moved from FL to north NJ last year. Every realtor I spoke to up here was totally shocked. One even went so far as to comment "Well at least it's all the shitty ones who are moving away to FL." It was in that moment I truly realized I was moving to the right state.

anthonymm511 t1_jeedudd wrote

I moved from FL to north/central Jersey last year as well. Really really glad I did.

GarmonboziaBlues t1_jeeeb32 wrote

Same! NJ is an absolute paradise compared to FL. Almost everyone I've met in New Jersey is incredibly nice, while the average Floridian is an angry miserable douchebag.

Tellenue t1_jeeu958 wrote

I moved from NJ to FL in 2011. I took a promotion out of the country to get the fuck out of there. Florida is truly the Swampass State. The only way I'll go back is as a corpse.

No-Example1376 t1_jeegwc5 wrote

Keep in mind it actually works the other way, the shitty ones move to Florida, Texas, etc.

We're happy to have you here with us!

I moved my parents back to NJ just before Covid. They would not have made it out alive otherwise.

vaud t1_jefkrop wrote

Yeah I moved back at the end of '21. Between covid-induced furloughs and landlords getting super greedy with rent hikes I was done. For what they were asking I'd much rather be back here.

GarmonboziaBlues t1_jefp82c wrote

No kidding. Our rent in FL increased by 60% between 2020-2022, which made it comparable to NJ rents. Unfortunately FL wages never bothered to keep up. My NJ salary is 3x my FL salary for the same work.