Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Paid-Vacation1 OP t1_jdnkr3r wrote

I’ve thought about that but I think traffic would stay mostly the same. I still use those roads on Sunday to leave the county to go shop. I would assume I’m not the only one. If we have GSP and other malls open it would spread out the shopping and traffic. Also bring revenue to the county. I personally feel like the county and businesses shouldn’t suffer because the infrastructure is a problem.

−2

whskid2005 t1_jdnlzhq wrote

“Also bring revenue to the county”. That sentence says you have no clue what you are talking about. Paramus, NJ has (historically) more money spent in retail than every other zip code in the country.

Paid-Vacation1 OP t1_jdnmbls wrote

Hi, yes I’m aware

−2

Paid-Vacation1 OP t1_jdnme9l wrote

But I’m not just talking about Paramus. I think it would help all the towns that aren’t as successful.

−4

whskid2005 t1_jdnmyud wrote

Based on what? Your thoughts aren’t evidence of anything lacking.

Linenoise77 t1_jdnpaip wrote

years ago i worked for a major big box retailer in corporate. 1000+ stores.

Our number one and 2 stores, by both revenue and profit, by a longshot, were in Paramus, and not even a mile apart (not in the malls either).

Really opening on sunday would just have spread things out, and carry the burden of the cost of being open an extra day. Not to mention poach some business from neighboring counties where people who HAD to get something on sunday would go.