Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Linenoise77 t1_jdnpqcm wrote

I got into a debate over a patio umbrella in shop rite of all places a couple of years ago on a Sunday.

"Sorry, we can't sell that as its technically furniture" "Well could you sell me an umbrella?" "Yes" "Could you sell me a BIG umbrella? I'm pretty tall..." "Sir, i don't make the rules"

Our local hardware store skirts around it by just having 14 year old kids run the register, and will occasionaly say something like, "that 2x4 is for an EMERGENCY repair....right?"

Also the "dollar" store by us flys in all face of reason that they are open and selling stuff, but nobody really cares as it isn't like they are creating traffic, etc.

Paid-Vacation1 OP t1_jdqx4u8 wrote

If they are going to have the law. They should be enforcing it all the way. It’s not fair what’s going on when they pick and choose what businesses to crack down and what ones to ignore. I see it as a sign the law has cracks in its integrity

moppsy t1_jdnqzfl wrote

I couldn't believe it. New apartment and I couldn't hang the fucking curtains on my only day off. Cashier was an asshole about it too.