Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

StriderTB t1_itvx9et wrote

I'm so fucking tired of hearing about this non-story. NJ.com can't keep from bringing up this dumbass story every chance they can.

StrangeMorris t1_itw6frz wrote

Of course people are. I was excited for it, and I knew they had to take artistic license with it or there wouldn't be enough material, bit it's way over-the-top. They included John List and the murders as part of the house's history, and he was a character in the show which I found to be ridiculous. And even though 99% of the show was fictionalized they couldn't even make up a decent ending.

Maximum-Excitement58 t1_itvvjg3 wrote

>its based on a real story from westfield NJ

Is it really? This is the first I’m hearing of this!

Algae-Ok t1_itwaelr wrote

Dude was writing the letters to himself and he just forgot lol. It’s a make-believe store made by magic dragons . Instead of doing a documentary series on iceman the hitman that killed over 100 people and stuffed them in ice cream trucks has a real story. Fuck Westfield and the mall while we at it

TheOkGazoo t1_itwe5ln wrote

There's a whole series of interviews with the Iceman on HBO. It's been out for years.

Algae-Ok t1_itwepjl wrote

Yes I know but they can turn those tapes in to a 9 part series just like the Witcher…

hammnbubbly t1_itwx52v wrote

Awful show. A homeowner receiving letters is the only thing the show gets right. The rest doesn’t even attempt to create compelling true crime. It’s just over the top, Ryan Murphy nonsense.

zuchinimuffin t1_itx0lzb wrote

Ugh, total letdown.

gjpk t1_itx8rid wrote

Totally. Came out the gates really good, then limped to the finish. Could have been so much better.

PirateForward8827 t1_itwnyr1 wrote

Extremely loosely based on a real story. It is true that a homeowner in Westfield got a few letters, the rest is imagination.

Big-Sundae-3878 t1_itz504a wrote

Couldn't watch it after the first episode. Very disappointing.