Submitted by laladeedadee t3_yidfin in newjersey

I have an interview next week at a school near Newark and I was wondering where it would be best to stay. I was also thinking of staying in Jersey City and wake up earlier for the interview in order to be close to New York too.

Are there any areas I should avoid too?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheRacoonist t1_iui14ou wrote

What town "near Newark"?

laladeedadee OP t1_iui1bo3 wrote

East Orange

TheRacoonist t1_iui221c wrote

Ok. You probably don't want to stay in e orange. There's a Hilton downtown Newark that has easy access to trains and will be central to your needs

HolyShonks t1_iui5mcn wrote

Generally the downtown financial area and university heights are the safest places in Newark. I've stayed at the Robert Treat Hotel with no issues.

Hrekires t1_iui9z9p wrote

I stayed at the Double Tree by Penn Station Newark once because of a blizzard and it wasn't half bad. There's also a hotel next to the PATH station in Harrison that looks decent from the outside at least.

Either would put you in easy driving/Uber distance of East Orange, and you can hop on the PATH train to get into the city.

thebruns t1_iuj1mec wrote

Any of the 5 hotels near Newark Penn Station are fine. There are buses to East Orange from there (the train to East Orange stops at Broad Street Station and no hotels next to that, but its a 20 minute walk if you prefer)

LateNightNewYork t1_iujyy7t wrote

The Tryp Hotel in Downtown Newark is another good option.

5footfilly t1_iuiciin wrote

Stay at one of the hotels at Newark Airport

−3

5uck3rpunch t1_iuit747 wrote

Stay inside if you go to Newark. Especially at night!

−9