Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BenBishopsButt t1_iu5vqb3 wrote

I don’t think there’s anyone I like enough to do a pickup at Newark. I’d even offer to pay for a car to avoid it.

breakplans t1_iu62aie wrote

Lol same. My mom offers to do it all the time, any time of day or day of the week. I think she feels obligated because she only lives like 20 minutes away. I’d pay a hundred Ubers not to do that favor for someone.

BenBishopsButt t1_iu6340d wrote

My father in law is the same way. He offered to drive us when we went to Florida last month, even though there's no way all of our crap and all of us would fit in a regular car. We went for over a week and there was just too much. I hired a local company, and roundtrip it was like $400 including a tip. We got dropped off and picked up in a perfect place and didn't have to worry about lugging two toddlers, a stroller, two car seats, and three suitcases on shuttles. If I'm traveling with my kids I'll never do it any other way until they're old enough to be responsible for helping with the luggage. My sister is coming up with her two kids and I already offered to order the service for her.

breakplans t1_iu63ceo wrote

Yup just build it into the price of your trip. With two kids and all the accompanying Stuff^TM, it’s well worth it.

SupaRitz t1_iuam3bc wrote

Was it really worth $400 extra?

BenBishopsButt t1_iuamt25 wrote

It wasn’t extra. Even though it was a kind offer, we couldn’t have fit in the cars any of us have with five people, two in car seats, and all of our luggage. So we would have had to pay to park. I could have gotten cheap parking, but it still would have been around $150 for the time we were gone, plus tolls and gas, plus I’d have to lug kids and all the crap we had onto and off of a shuttle. Paying for the premium parking so we could avoid a shuttle was over $350, which was the cost of the private car before tip. It was a no brainer.

Our driver knew just where to drop us off, and pickup was completely seamless as well. We just went in one elevator trip from luggage pickup and he was right outside. If it was just me and my husband going for a quick weekend trip we would just park or get a ride, but traveling with a four and two year old complicates things significantly.

SupaRitz t1_iuay9tk wrote

Ah okay that makes more sense now haha

shromboy t1_iu6a0lx wrote

My boss pays my brother to do it, thank God he doesn't ask me

KneeDeepInTheDead t1_iu6qs4x wrote

if its between 7pm and 6am, its not that bad. Luckily I live about 15 minutes away so I dont suffer too many traffic waves.