Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

amino_asshat t1_ixcqcjq wrote

Live in Somerville. Nice little town with some great restaurants.

Major downside nobody is mentioning is a lack of actual nightlife. After 10 pm the only places that might have any energy are a pizza place or the upstairs “club” of an Irish bar.

The town just… falls asleep after dinner is finished.

ferocious_coug t1_ixd6r60 wrote

Or Verve or McCormicks

amino_asshat t1_ixd9ec1 wrote

Yah agreed on the venues but 9/10 times even these spots are dead later on. Upstairs Verve can be a lot of fun - just wish it was a more regular occurrence.

I’m way past my night owl partying days (er… nights?), but somewhere to grab a drink or two after dinner and turn up, just a little, would be appreciated.

Somewhere, to be specific, that isn’t the back corner bar of a pizza place lol.

ferocious_coug t1_ixda0q2 wrote

You’re preaching to the choir bud. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about Somerville. I find myself at McCormick’s more often than I want to.

amino_asshat t1_ixdak0c wrote

I’m hopeful the younger crowd that will ostensibly be filling the new luxe apartments will give this town the late night kick in the shins it needs.

Until then it’s dive bars with Disney music for us.

ferocious_coug t1_ixdhept wrote

Wait a minute. Do we know each other?

amino_asshat t1_ixdk76k wrote

Doubtful. I just stalked your post history and would never associate with someone who thinks Kettlemens has the best bagels around.

/s

ferocious_coug t1_ixdmp11 wrote

It’s just funny because my buddy likes to play Disney themes on the McCormick’s jukebox to piss everyone off