Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mikeypoopypants t1_j25s54d wrote

The app is pretty good

sweetcreep t1_j26cybx wrote

It really isn't. It's next to impossible to navigate to the exact schedule you want so if you ever stumble upon it you better favorite it. I luckily no longer need it for my commute but earlier this year there was a good stretch of two months where the app wasn't displaying tickets at least once a week right during the morning rush so I ended up having to pay because they couldn't be bothered to give their drivers a heads up that there were problems with the app.

AidanAmerica t1_j27ecgr wrote

That app is a real win-some-lose-some situation. When I last commuted, at peak times out of Penn Station, they would sometimes not even bother to take tickets. If I were planning on using a paper ticket, then I got a free ride and kept the ticket for next time. But if I activated the e-ticket in the app, (which I would sometimes do because it wouldn’t load until we were out of the tunnel) then I weaseled myself out of my own money.

AlanMercer t1_j27402f wrote

Tried to get rail schedule info for Christmas Day and it stubbornly refused to return any result. It gave an error message totally unrelated to the problem. Total fail.

The frustrating part is that there are parts of the app that work well. I had a good experience with the bus info a couple of weeks ago.

The_Wee t1_j28t398 wrote

Most of the time. There have been times where I went to trip planner on the site/app and planned my time. Got to Penn and the big board was totally different. Go on the site and see I needed to click a link for the changed schedule. Why not update the app with the most accurate times? Ended up spending an extra 45 minutes waiting.