Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

jerseymike83 t1_j26ulv9 wrote

Today?

bu77munch t1_j26y9ca wrote

Honestly the driving around the holidays has been significantly worse than the rest of the year.

The_Wee t1_j27fre0 wrote

Only consecutive days I have received alerts about delays with the Lincoln Tunnel. Can usually get from Weehawken to the city in 15-20 minutes. This past week has been 45 minutes - 1 hour. Wish the arc tunnel wasn't cancelled/way to get more frequency/bring back of peak, to encourage public transport.

the_last_carfighter t1_j2945q3 wrote

Pre covid, during the holidays the Lincoln tunnel traffic was back to Met Life/Giant's stadium pretty regularly.

Take the train.

The_Wee t1_j295c7w wrote

I live in Weehawken, even when I take the train, usually go to Penn vs Hoboken/Secaucus. Just stating my observation. I have looked at moving further out to be on a train line, but prices are more expensive vs where I am now.

museolini OP t1_j270t8f wrote

Totally. :-)

Exit 11 to 18 from 2-4:30. The whole trip (the Highlands to the GWB usually takes just a bit over an hour. Today it took twice as long. No accidents or roadwork (well, at least no lane closures), just volume.

jerseymike83 t1_j277kb6 wrote

Live in NC now. Miss many things about NJ, especially the diversity of food, but not the traffic. 🍽