Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fearofbears t1_j13id3z wrote

I'm Jersey born and raised- but my BF is from PA near Harrisburg, just outside of it on the Susquehanna. PA is beautiful and it doesn't get enough credit! Plus love all the breweries out there.

Airturtle14 t1_j13r11q wrote

As someone going to school near there but not a major city. I love the aspect you mentioned, but I also love all the convenience offered in NJ (excluding South Jersey that’s basically PA). Even the McDonald’s be closing… like what

Airturtle14 t1_j13r2hy wrote

& most importantly THE BEACH

fearofbears t1_j13u6gz wrote

Oh definitely agreed! We're still here because I love the beach- but it's so population dense these days it hard to enjoy. But they are compromises we've made. I feel less stressed out in PA because the pace is slower, but that's the nature of the beast here.

harekele t1_j17b8lv wrote

I went to college for a few years out near Harrisburg. It was a lifestyle I didn’t quite appreciate living in rural Pennsylvania, but I did find myself missing it as I got older and always enjoying a visit to see friends living in and near Hershey

Edit: that being said, I love Jersey way more 🤩

fearofbears t1_j180nz5 wrote

My heart lies in NJ for sure despite my complicated relationship with it- but it's home and always will be.