Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Castor_and_Pollux123 t1_j6k4yp5 wrote

The intersection of Rt 206 & Rt 523, in Bedminster, is crazy land.

As for Bridgewater: there's no there there.

bjb13 t1_j6kcvlp wrote

I live in Bridgewater about two miles from Bedminster. They are nice bedroom communities. Not a place if you are looking for night life of any kind near where you live. Summerville is a nice small town in the middle of Bridgewater and has a bit more going on.

I’m happy here, but I’m old so take that for what it’s worth.

_peachycactus t1_j6kh56z wrote

Husband and I live in Bridgewater and love it. We’re closer to the southern end of Bridgewater as opposed to Bedminster, which is north. There is a lot of retail, including the Bridgewater mall, if you’re interested in that type of thing. We mostly enjoy the great parks and closeby downtowns (since Bridgewater doesn’t really have one itself). Somerville has a lot of great dining options, many of which are BYOB, and some decent bars. It’s extremely walkable. Downtown Raritan has some gems too. We really like the area and it feels accessible to everything. Welcome!

Low-Pollution2414 t1_j6l6w1r wrote

We live in Somerville - highly recommend checking it out! We are next to bridgewater, bedminster is a 10 minute drive (I go to a gym there sometimes). There’s tons to do here, and so much is close. We are walking distance to Somervilles downtown - they do a ton of stuff, especially in the summer! Good luck with the move!

DrGraffix t1_j6kpzuf wrote

Both great but expensive areas

whodisacct t1_j6lqwfx wrote

Bridgewater resident for 22 years. Solid schools, centrally located, varied neighborhoods (some new area, some older), centrally located …. Somerville is the defacto downtown. Housing for NJ is affordable. Politics wise it’s pretty much 50/50 or close to that.

Bedminster is kinda split into two - the super rich and then normal people. Land wise super rich have more. Population wise the normal people have it. There are solid schools here too. The Hills is huge.

lawaythrow t1_j6orxrq wrote

What are the desirable areas (crime free, no flooding, high diversity) to look for if we want to buy a house here? Thinking of moving here.

I understand Martinsville is nice but no diversity. Whereas Raritan is not so good. Bound Brook is prone to flooding etc. Are these correct?

Dozzi92 t1_j6kxacv wrote

Better than Irvington for sure.

I'm from the area so if you can clarify what you're looking for I'd love to share some opinions.

srddave t1_j6lf53x wrote

As far as…

Big_Requirement_3540 t1_j6n5vgh wrote

Bedminster and Bridgewater are both great options.

There is a lot more housing stock in Bridgewater, the schools are a lot larger and taxes seem to be a bit higher than Bedminster.

Bedminster has smaller schools and one of the lowest property tax rates to assessed value I have seen in the state.

Can't really go wrong with either for family friendly communities.

No_Neighborhood_3191 t1_j6lq6jg wrote

Better than newark and orange.. bridgewater has a lot fo shops and restaurants, even a mall. Both townd Bridgewater and Bedminister are suburban and bit expensive but safety wise it is pretty good.

murphydcat t1_j6oefth wrote

Known for generic McMansions, suburban sprawl, excellent public schools and expensive housing prices. Easy access to I-78 and I-287.