Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

333cdh333 t1_j64jgpu wrote

Might help if you put at least a budget when asking for opinions. Any other important factors? Do you have children and want to know about schools? What would be too long of a commute for you?

unkwnnn OP t1_j64m53r wrote

my apologies, im looking for a budget of roughly $1100-$1800. I am single with no children. no more than 45 minutes away but I’d prefer to be as close as possible to EWR. thank yous in advance!

1 place I have in mind is the Maple Garden Apartments in Irvington, NJ, thoughts??

velveteendreamstreet t1_j64psem wrote

Might want to look somewhere other than Irvington

unkwnnn OP t1_j64yrsu wrote

any reasons as to why? what are other cities/neighborhoods to avoid? i currently live in not too good of a neighborhood here in California but moving across country does bring a whole different dynamic

Practical_Argument50 t1_j651rrk wrote

Maple Garden Apts are actually pretty nice. They are right next to the Garden State Parkway so if living right next to a highway turns you off it's not the place for you. I think what the other person is referring to is that Irvington/ East Orange and Newark are all places people wanted to leave decades ago. Today they aren't bad as you can see there is some invensment going into properties now.

velveteendreamstreet t1_j65s1uj wrote

I’d say they still aren’t very desirable places though. There are better areas around that area that could have similar priced apartments: Kearny, East Rutherford, North Arlington.