Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KayakHank t1_j61fcnr wrote

Usually go to sussex meat packing once a month. That runs about 2-300 for all the chicken, beef and pork for the month. Keep it frozen then pull dinner out of the fridge at lunch and put it in a bowl of water on the counter. It's room temp by dinner.

Costco runs occasionally for snacks, paper goods. Shampoos and household goods. Those can be 2-300 dollar trips. Maybe once every other month.

Then groceries run under 100/week for my wife and I. Usually just things like fresh veggies, fruits, breads, canned goods, salad...

My go-tos are oranges, onions, limes. Make a chicken marinated out of those. Onions also work with hoagie/turkey sandwiches and wraps. Put them in a salad too. Some beyond burgers or in chicken salad. I normally just make a salad, some sort of protein, and a canned side for dinner. Then some type of sandwich or salad for lunch. Then there's always a pasta, some sort of sauce, and a garlic bread for something quick and easy.

Then we mix it up with frozen pizzas, lasagna, potpies.. just something you toss in the oven.

Grocery costs don't really bother me if it costs us $100 to go eat at a resturant. 100 for a week of food is nothing in my book