Submitted by warsawza t3_10ke9h0 in newjersey

Hi! Just wondering for anyone who has applied lately (starting with TDI, then moving onto bonding leave), how long are claims taking to process at the moment? I just applied for TDI last week, so I know it won't be that quick, but I'd love to have an idea. In my past experience, in 2016 I didn't receive any benefits for like 8 weeks, but in 2020 I don't remember there being a significant lag.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Jraz624 t1_j5q6ud8 wrote

Not going to give the best response here but it was much faster this time around. First leave was Spring 2020 (sorry everyone but Covid was my fault). This time around I started in November and I get approved and I am getting paid regularly every few weeks.

KakAlakin t1_j5ra77n wrote

Had my claim processed and approved in about a week in august 2022. Took about 5 weeks before the money was in the account.

warsawza OP t1_j648dvo wrote

Thanks! My claim status was changed to “eligible” with a dollar amount yesterday, so fingers crossed that means it’ll start paying soon.

KakAlakin t1_j64flyy wrote

Have you received your debit card in the mail yet?

warsawza OP t1_j64g0ix wrote

Not yet, but I assume it was probably sent out yesterday.

KakAlakin t1_j64jgvp wrote

By the time I received my card the money was in the account. The fun part is that there is no way to track if the card has been sent out yet or not.