Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

OpeningOnion7248 t1_j9txmwg wrote

Actually his degree is in real estate. He didn’t get a MBA

He’s a developer that took over and expanded his father business.

JakeArvizu t1_j9ucqpe wrote

How is that relevant to my response? I said since Trump got a degree in economics from arguably the top business school in the country does that make him a brilliant economist?

OpeningOnion7248 t1_j9uf9ki wrote

He got a degree in real estate. A bachelor of science.

I’m not really seeing what you’re arguing here. It doesn’t matter if he’s an economic genius.

By the way he spent 2-years at Fordham and the transferred to Penn. I believe he was anthropology major at Fordham.

JakeArvizu t1_j9unrng wrote

> He got a degree in real estate. A bachelor of science.

He literally didn't. He got a B.S in Economics. The PDF straight from Penn's graduation catalog shows that. Source

I am saying by your logic. If the only proof that SBF was a brilliant mathematics wizard is that he went to MIT, then Trump is an economic genius in the likes of Paul Krugman. I don't believe that. Again who is to say he even got into MIT being a genius and not because he was a rich politically connected kid.

OpeningOnion7248 t1_j9urljw wrote

I’m not sure why you’re conflating both.

In this Philly Mag article it states he earned a degree BS in real estate by Ron Ozio media director at Penn.

All graduates from Penn Wharton get a Bachelors is Science in Economics. Trump concentrated in real estate.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/09/14/donald-trump-at-wharton-university-of-pennsylvania/

Long paragraph above Mystery #1

JakeArvizu t1_j9utzk2 wrote

>I’m not sure why you’re conflating both

Because it's the same premise.

Going to an extremely prestigious school means you are exceptionally brilliant in your field.

SBF with MIT.

Trump with Wharton.

Also okay so yes he got a B.S in Economics with a focus in Real Estate. Split hairs if you want that's still not arguing against the premise.

OpeningOnion7248 t1_j9uye0c wrote

The difference is that SBF completed a degree in physics and mathematics. I don’t know about you, but MIT is a difficult school to get admitted, attend, and complete.

Wharton would accept about 40% of applicants in the mid 1960s when he attended. Today it about 7%. Plus he transferred with help of a family friend from Fordham.

So, in the academic achievement field of both, SBF may have an edge over DJT.

Your statement about what said is incorrect. Don’t conflate both arguments.

Both went graduated from prestigious unis and both are alleged to have committed crime or in the process of being investigated.

So, what?

SBF created a crypto exchange. I think that’s difficult to do. Made billions and was allegedly found to be committing irregularities where he’s now being investigated and indicted.

DJT made a lot of money in land and hotel development and got elected president. Both are hard to do.

Who knows if their prestigious degrees led them or helped or caused their success or downfall.

Many of the graduates do similar things in life after graduating from or attending prestigious unis. Some don’t finish, like Bill Gates and Harvard.

Obama went to Columbia and Harvard Law and he became president.

Putin attended Saint Petersburg Mining University, Sgoil 281 (whatever that is). And, there you go.

A degree is not pedigree but it opens opportunities for some.

JakeArvizu t1_j9v0gax wrote

>A degree is not pedigree but it opens opportunities for some.

What does that have to do with anything I said. SBF created a literal scam. Do you know if he programmed FTX? Did he come up with trading algorithms? You do know there was an entire team that was part of FTX he was the CEO doesn't mean he was literally the one who created the website or backend. Did he revolutionize programming like John Carmack.

Your literal only assertion for him being a mathematical genius is that he got a degree from MIT. We already know his parents are mega rich and politically connected. You don't think that could have played a part in him getting accepted to one of the most prestigious schools in the world. That's what my claim is. The dude talks like an absolute idiot and traded like an absolute idiot. Anything quantifiable beyond "he went to MIT" doesn't portray him as a genius like say Steve Wozniak. He's just another financial fraud. Nothing about SBF comes off as a brilliant mind unless you think babbling like an idiot does.

OpeningOnion7248 t1_j9v4r3u wrote

His parents are professor of law at Stanford. Wozniak is Cal Berkeley grad.

Maybe his parent helped him get into MIT by getting him prepared for that like prep school and other activities.

That he babbles or doesn’t code is really not relevant.