Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jawnlerdoe t1_j96775d wrote

Say what you want about US military spending, but it’s very impressive the US can fly in with some special forces, and kidnap a terrorist figure like it’s nbd. So much training and coordination, and it’s just another day.

seabee494 t1_j9cixoj wrote

With how much money we spend, I expect nothing less than this level of expertise.

[deleted] t1_j96acgv wrote

[removed]

−6

jawnlerdoe t1_j96am7q wrote

Oh look, an unhinged comment completely unrelated to anything I said.

Good troll attempt, but you can do better. 🤙

Isthisworking2000 t1_j98clkg wrote

Syria’s military isn’t exactly great, and it’s probably not even government controlled territory. The government only controls about 60% and the US actually occupies a small amount of the country.

−9

NotSoGreatFilter t1_j96i3fp wrote

https://reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/10suesg/tons_of_military_helicopters_flying_right_under/

Maybe now we know why they were practicing in downtown San Diego a couple weeks ago.

Kaeny t1_j96tf2w wrote

I saw that near the freeway too on Tuesday

[deleted] t1_j95c35r wrote

I'm curious what bullshit criticism Fox News is going to be pushing on this today.

David_denison t1_j95rkrw wrote

Probably “Biden persecution of religious people continues ! “

The evil people that control fox have the same fundamentalist views as isis and the taliban

dIoIIoIb t1_j95siwx wrote

"Biden spends millions to go arrest people from country struck by earthquake"

TwoFrontHitters t1_j98ch53 wrote

"With fuel prices soaring Biden insists on flying helicopters around to arrest protestors in Iraq."

dogsent t1_j96it1i wrote

The war against ISIS has been going since the group seized large swaths of territory in Iraq and Syria in mid-2014.

Backed by U.S.-led coalition airpower, Iraqi security forces retook Mosul in July 2017, and the SDF captured Raqqa in October 2017.

Several thousand ISIS fighters surrendered to the SDF during its 2018-2019 offensive

Shortly before the fall of Baghouz, General Joseph Votel, the outgoing commander of U.S. Central Command, warned Congress that ISIS made a “calculated decision to preserve the safety of their families and preservation of their capabilities by taking their chances in camps for internally displaced persons, and going to ground in remote areas and waiting for the right time to resurge.”

Deluxe78 t1_j99bpps wrote

We got you osama balloonlanden!