Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GrooseandGoot t1_j8ftqps wrote

My point is they arent.

They are not reporting two things at the same time. One is being overamplified for the dangers is poses and the other is being suppressed for the dangers it poses.

They are not reporting two things concurrent at the same time to the same degree that each of them deserve. If you dont think this is an imporant issue, drink a glass of water from the Ohio river east of East Palestine right now to prove me wrong.

Or dont, because I dont want to see people die to gross corporate negligence.

−28

asdaaaaaaaa t1_j8fvc6t wrote

There's tons of reports out there. Are you having trouble finding them or something? Just google "Ohio Disaster", you can easily get 10+ articles. There's one on the front page right now. Is this some poorly crafted joke, where people pretend they can't see all the posts and articles?

ParisGreenGretsch t1_j8ijw88 wrote

Every time I see an article about the train wreck posted to Reddit I see people in that very comment section claiming that they can't seem to find any news about it.

asdaaaaaaaa t1_j8ingbd wrote

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if that's the whole idea. Spam every thread with false claims about it being "suppressed" until people just don't care/want to hear about it anymore. I can see companies being dumb/crazy enough to try something like that, especially with how cheap and prevelent astroturfing/botting on places like reddit is now. Crazy, but unless this is a dumb meme, I see no other reason why people think "nobody is reporting".

I will say, this is the first time in awhile there's been a major, active war going on and not a lot of people are old enough to remember how news shifted the last time that happened. A lot of people aren't used to how much the news will focus on a war, even if other interesting things are going on.

Disrespectful2Dishes t1_j8ghwuw wrote

Wow you’ve literally been at this all fucking day, huh? Aren’t you tired of getting dunked on? Take it the conspiracy subs.

WertyBurger t1_j8fu7ii wrote

Calm down buddy. Everyone here is now aware you’re a hero for Ohio. You can drop the act now